Auditory Processing Treatment
How are Auditory Processing Differences Treated?
Just as every person is different, so are the treatments for APD. What may work for one person may not be the most effective approach for another.
Based on our findings, our audiologists will use a multidisciplinary approach to recommend ways to improve APD symptoms or reduce their negative impact. Recommendations might include:
- Self advocacy skills to improve breakdowns in communication
- Strategies for improving the listening environment
- Weekly auditory training to strengthen auditory discrimination and listening skills
- Improved amplification and noise reduction with professionally fit hearing aids
- Amplification with an assistive listening device
- Other referrals, such as a speech-language pathologist, educational psychologist, occupational therapist, or developmental optometrist
If you or a loved one is experiencing symptoms of auditory processing differences, don’t wait. Contact us today for an evaluation and customized treatment options for your individual needs.